Businesses from New York to San Francisco have been reaping the many benefits modular office walls provide. Those benefits include reduced energy bills, reduced construction costs, greater design flexibility, enhanced company image and many, many more. Modular wall systems represent nothing short of a revolution in the way interior space for businesses is conceived and created and has allowed many small and medium sized companies to stay in the game against their much larger, better financed competition. Lately however interior designers have been taking a closer look at home modular wall systems and discovering their beauty and benefits can be enjoyed by homeowners as well.
Home Modular Wall Systems: Bringing it all Back Home
In many respects there isn’t a lot separating some contemporary home interiors in the USA from their office counterparts. Both express a love of natural light, open, easy-to-navigate space and clean lines. So perhaps it shouldn’t be any surprise that an increasing number of interior designers are finding new and innovative ways to integrate modular office walls into leading edge home designs.
● Use modular wall systems to create living zones: Home Modular wall systems are the perfect way to break up a large space into eating, sleeping and living zones without compromising the overall appeal of the open plan.
● Install home modular walls during a renovation for future flexibility: Some folks are removing fixed walls during their home renovation and replacing them with modular wall systems. This way when they want to rearrange in the future the sky’s the limit.
● Create privacy using modular wall systems: If you have a loft space with an elevated sleeping area use modular wall sections to create greater privacy. Frosted glass wall partitions are the perfect way to allow light to continue to penetrate while maintaining your private zone.
● Create separation, keep the openness: Modular glass walls are being utilized in an increasing number of condo layouts to segregate dining or kitchen areas without making a smaller floorplan seem too cramped.
● Create a home office using modular walls: Modular walls are the perfect way to carve a home office out of one of your rooms, the basement, the attic or even the garage. I-M-T’s home modular wall systems come in a variety of finishes that will work with most any decor.
● Contain nasty weather with home modular wall systems by I-M-T: Modular wall systems are perfect for creating a stylish vestibule that keeps cold and wind out of the main living areas when the front door is opened. They can also be used in the winter to create smaller areas to heat.
There’s little doubt that, because they so openly embrace modern design concepts and materials, modular office walls may seem out of place in your 19th century Brooklyn Victorian. However, they can be the perfect tool for getting the most out of contemporary spaces built around openness and airiness and their mobility and interchangeability mean your design options going forward are practically unlimited.
Modular wall systems have other advantages over fixed walls as well including:
● Affordability: When the time comes to rearrange your loft the last thing you want is to have to call construction crews to demolish fixed walls. Not only will your space be virtually unlivable for the duration of construction but it will wind up costing you a fortune as well. Not so with modular wall systems. Just rearrange them and get back on with your life.
● Durability: Modular wall systems won’t age like fixed plaster walls or drywall. You won’t have to repaint them every year or fix holes or cracks caused by furniture or the vacuum cleaner. The only maintenance you’ll have to do is the occasional dusting and cleaning of the glass panels. They’ll look every bit as sharp 10 years from now as they do the day you install them.
● Portability: If at some point you decide to rearrange your space and need to remove several modular wall sections it’s no problem. You can store them in the basement or attic or your offsite storage facility indefinitely and they’ll look just as good when you bring them back at a later date. Try doing that with drywall.
The integration of industrial components into domestic decor for style purposes goes back decades. As such it shouldn’t be a surprise that people would look to demountable partitions as the next frontier in the industrial decor movement. Because, however, this idea is still more or less in its infancy in the USA you’ll want to be sure to hire a talented interior designer to assist you when selecting the right style of modular wall components for your home.
Whether you’re looking to build out a new office, remodel your current office or are in search of new ways to bring your home’s interior decor to life, home modular wall systems from I-M-T provide the solutions you’re looking for. Call us today to find out more.