While open plan offices might have been all the rage in the past, in recent years more and more companies are discovering the numerous benefits of partitioning their workplaces into more manageable units and it is for this reason that we at I-M-T are certain modular wall systems are here to say. Of course, as a leading manufacturer of such products, you would expect us to be positive about the future of demountable walls in commercial spaces but this is not misplaced optimism on our part, this is a carefully considered opinion based on our observation of, and involvement with, office interior trends. Below, we outline 6 of the biggest reasons that companies across the USA will continue to use modular partition systems in their offices for many years to come.
The Benefits of Modular Office Walls
If you are currently thinking about introducing a modular partition system in your offices but you are not sure whether the benefits will make your investment worthwhile, take a look at the following list. In it, we discuss the main reasons that movable internal walls will continue to be a feature of workspaces in North America and all over the world for the foreseeable future.
- Flexibility – With the increased trend toward collaborative working practices involving small teams that are put together to complete specific projects before being disbanded once the projects in question have been completed, the ability to change the layout of office spaces at short notice has become crucial to the smooth running of many corporate workspaces. For companies that would like to be able to create separate spaces of varying sizes without having to call an interior remodeling firm in every time they make a change, demountable internal walls are the obvious solution. Once the firm that supplies them has installed them in the initial configuration that is desired, it is possible for regular in-house maintenance teams to rearrange them into almost any configuration within a very short space of time.
- Cost – If companies were to erect new walls and tear them down every time they wanted to change the layout of their offices, the cost would be enormous when considered over a period of years. By making use of demountable wall systems instead, companies of all sizes can make as many changes as they like in the future, with the only cost being the initial outlay needed to acquire the system of their choice. If you would like to take advantage of the cost savings on offer and you are looking for that elusive combination of high quality and affordable prices, I-M-T has a fantastic range of modular office walls that are sure to meet your needs. Unlike many systems available in the USA, our walls are available in a wide variety of colors and finishes, and can even be customized to your specifications, making them an excellent choice for companies that would like their workspaces to retain an air of individuality without having to spend a fortune for the privilege.
- The Environment – With so much emphasis being placed on sustainable practices as far as corporations in the 21st century are concerned, anything that can be done to reduce a company’s carbon footprint is sure to remain a popular choice in the field of interior design. High-quality modular wall systems score particularly highly in this area as they save commercial organizations from having to rip out old installations and put in new drywall every time they want to reconfigure the layout of their offices. By reducing the amount of building materials they use, companies can reduce their carbon footprints by a considerable amount.
- Noise Reduction Without Isolation – One of the biggest drawbacks of open plan office spaces is the ambient noise levels. Even when most workers are trying their hardest to go about their daily business quietly, the noise can quickly become unbearable and make it impossible to complete any tasks that require focused attention. However, by installing demountable walls, this problem can be eliminated without making employees feel isolated by placing them in physically separate rooms. Strategically placed modular walls break up and absorb sound waves, stopping them from reverberating endlessly around a large, open space, while still allowing employees in different teams/departments to communicate with each other whenever necessary.
- Branding of Rented Space – Companies that occupy rented commercial units often find there are many restrictions on what they can do with the units in question as far as corporate branding is concerned. This is another major incentive to choose modular office walls: not only does it enable companies to change the layout of rented office space that they might otherwise be unable to change, it also allows them to use corporate colors and logos to brand their workplaces. This is especially important for companies that regularly meet with clients in their offices.
- Complete Portability – In the event that a company should relocate, they can take their demountable wall systems with them, a fact that makes custom/branded walls a worthwhile investment for organizations of all types, not just those that have mapped out their future for years to come. For smaller companies and those in cyclic industries that often downsize their operations during lean times, the ability to set up shop in a new building, using the same modular walls, is very valuable. Companies in rented units are often reticent to invest in modifying them, even if they are allowed to do so under the terms of their lease, but with modular wall systems it is possible to personalize any office space without having to worry about leaving it all behind should there be a need to move at some point in the future.
If you would like to find out more about our demountable walls or request a quotation to have a system installed in your offices, please feel free to call or email us for further details. Our team has many years of experience in the design, supply, and installation of our quality modular systems.