Movable walls from I-M-T represent a revolutionary advance in office construction that is changing the way companies operate in the USA. Whereas in the past office layouts were, quite literally, set in stone (or at least plaster or drywall), movable walls have pushed the hard boundaries of the office space out to the periphery where they belong and turned everything in between into a dynamic stage for conducting a company’s affairs. In spite of this reality there are still those who cling to those drywall days of yore and the belief that there’s little, if any, difference between drywall and movable wall systems. In this post we’ll lay out the case for modular office walls.
Modular Office Walls Deliver Short and Long-Term
The advantages of movable office walls start with set up.
- You’ll spend less time waiting to occupy your expensive new space since your office can be built out in a fraction of the time it would take to build with drywall.
- You won’t need to damage the floor, walls or ceiling of the space the way you do with drywall construction.
- You’ll be able to depreciate your costs quicker since movable walls are considered furniture or equipment.
But the advantages don’t stop there. Once in place your new movable office walls will continue to deliver a multitude of advantages and provide extraordinary value throughout their long, largely maintenance free existence. Here are 6 things you’ll be able to do with movable walls that you can’t do with drywall that will help make your company leaner and more profitable:
- Reconfigure at will: If you want to remove an enclosed space in an office constructed using drywall you’ll need to bring in the contractors and get ready for weeks or months of disruptions including clouds of dust hanging in the air, noise and dangerous piles of debris. With movable walls you sit down with the office manager for an hour, determine what changes need to be made and have the office reconfigured overnight using regular maintenance staff. You not only save time and hassles, you save a boatload of money.
- Manage noise in the office environment: Cubicle farms were notorious catch basins for random noises. You might be sitting in your cubicle trying to debug a particularly bothersome line of code when a co-worker’s phone conversation regarding an embarrassing health issue would drift into your space. With movable office walls you can create quiet spaces where people who need to concentrate can do so and open spaces where people who need to communicate easily and often can have their way as well.
- Share the sun: Old fashioned opaque walls restricted natural light to the edge of the office space near the windows. The executives were always in the best mood because they received all that beneficial sunlight. Movable walls with glass panels mean you can still offer the views to the execs but share the natural light they used to monopolize with everyone else for a change. Multiple studies have shown that office workers are more productive, call in sick less and make fewer visits to the doctor when they’re exposed to natural light at work.
- Reduce energy expenses: All that natural light also allows you to reduce your heating bills in the winter time and reduce your lighting expenses all year long. You can also configure your office walls to promote optimal air flow within the office environment and thereby further reduce your HVAC expenses in both the summer and winter. Try doing that with drywall.
- Save the environment: They may not be out there lobbying for environmental protections but modular office walls are actually on the front lines of business efforts to ensure our kids and grandkids will inherit a livable world. Unlike drywall that’s produced from primary resources Modular wall systems from I-M-T are made of nearly 100% recycled materials, and when they reach the end of their long life they themselves can be recycled as well.
- Take them with you: Companies move all the time and every time they relocate their office they need to build out the new space to fit their needs. This normally represents a major expense but it doesn’t have to. If your office is constructed using modular wall systems from I-M-T you can take your office with your wherever you go; across town or across the USA. You’ll also benefit from a shorter build out time.
Modular office walls are several degree of magnitude more effective and efficient when it comes to meeting the needs of contemporary businesses than drywall. By using modular wall systems you’ll be able to achieve and maintain a competitive edge over the competition, keep your operating expenses low and be ready for any challenges that come down the pike. Call I-M-T today for more information.