When planning an office fitout in 2017 one of the biggest components (if not The biggest component) will be your partition walls. No enlightened company today uses drywall for anything other than the most prosaic of purposes, such as washroom walls and the walls in the elevator lobby. For everything else modular office partitions are the way to go and so the style and material choices you make relative to your office partitions then become of major importance. In this post we’re going to take a look at some of the things to consider when selecting partition walls for your office fitout.
The first thing to consider when choosing office partitions is whether or not there are any specific color considerations that come into play. If you wish to use your office environment to reinforce the brand then you’ll likely want to use a number of partitions that reflect brand-specific color choices. For example: if there’s a particular shade of blue in your corporate logo that you want to use introduce the color in subtle ways; a blue panel here, some blue trim there etc.
Beyond color considerations there are myriad finishes to choose from when you use partition walls from I-M-T to build out your office.
- Brick Work from I-M-T: We offer our clients a wide array of satisfying laminates and veneers that create the impression of natural wood and other finishes. The brick work pattern prevents visual monotony by providing varied segments that are more aesthetically appealing than solid colors.
- Frosted Glass: Sometimes you need something aesthetically lighter than a solid color partition wall yet veneers or laminates are not a viable solution. In addition, clear glass partitions may be too much in the opposite design direction. In cases like these frosted glass partition walls are often the ideal solution, providing both an airy quality and the privacy you need.
- Duo Segmentation Walls – There are other times when you’ll want to use partition walls that allow for privacy at eye level and below while still allowing light to filter through to and from adjoining spaces. Conference rooms are a good example of this. For those situations I-M-T duo segmentation walls can be the perfect solution with laminate finish at the lower levels and glass at the upper. Other variations are available as well.
Glass Office Partitions
Glass partition walls have changed the way both designers and business owners in the USA think about fitting out their spaces. These amazing building resources can have a positive impact on just about every aspect of office operations and by extension, may facets of your business as well by providing:
- Increased Productivity: The ability of glass office partitions to improve productivity isn’t beholden simply to the notion that workers will work faster if they know they’re being watched through your new glass walls. Glass partition walls increase productivity by giving workers an environment they want to come to every day. One that promotes collaboration, enhances their mood and lifts many barriers to effective and efficient in-office communication. Noise pollution is also typically much reduced allowing for greater concentration.
- Adaptability: With drywall you built out your office and lived with it. Affecting any changes was an enormous undertaking involving taking swaths of the office out of commission while walls were demolished. This process, which often took weeks, would also result in huge piles of dangerous debris, disruptive noise and clouds of drywall dust hanging in the air day after day. Not to mention having construction workers trudging through your office and all that entails. With glass partition walls if you need to reconfigure your space you can do it overnight with no debris, no disruption to your office operations and, virtually no additional costs.
- Greatly Reduced Lighting Costs: Remember the banks of fluorescent light fixtures that became de rigueur in offices during the 70s and remained so right into the early 21st century? Well they’ve finally gone the way of the dinosaur thanks to glass partition walls. With natural light now able to penetrate right to the center of your floorplate the need for endless rows of recessed fluorescents is negated and you can spend that money on other things.
- Ease of Maintenance: If you needed to run a cable from one part of your drywall office to the other you needed to bring in the carpenters and bash a hole through one or more walls. Likewise, if something fell against a drywall wall chances are it either left an indentation or an outright hole that needed to be patched. Drywall also needs to be painted regularly. Glass partition walls by contrast have easy access tech panels and only need to be wiped down occasionally with a soft cloth and some window cleaner.
- Unparalleled Aesthetic Value: Fitting out your office with glass partitions from I-M-T will not only provide you the practical benefits outlined above but also provide unparalleled aesthetic value as well. Your company will achieve a leading edge feel practically overnight. It will be the sort of workspace you’ll be proud to show customers and project an air of contemporary credibility drywall construction simply can’t hope to achieve anymore.
- Outstanding Long Life: Besides being one of the most versatile building and design components ever devised modular office partitions from I-M-T are also incredibly durable with a projected lifespan measured in decades, not just years. And best of all, in order to achieve that extraordinary long life there isn’t any extraordinary maintenance involved.
Most office fitouts in the USA will utilize a variety of different partition wall styles including most or all of the above. Exactly what combination will be right for you will depend on the type of business you run – some businesses will require more private spaces than others – and the staff/management mix. Beyond that and when you’re ready to get more specific about your choices, it will pay to consult with our designers who will help you make the most appropriate choices for your particular business.