Architectural partition walls from I-M-T transform the office from a staid, hidebound anchor that weighs on responsiveness and strains the operating budget into a dynamic platform for navigating the treacherous waters of the global marketplace. However, there are still a fair number of business owners in the USA that are unsure whether movable partitions might be right for them and don’t know what to look for in order to help them make an informed determination. In this post we’re going to provide 6 common signs that indicate your office could benefit from what architectural partitions bring to the table.
Determining if Architectural Partitions are Right for Your Office
There is no hard and fast set of rules regarding the installation of architectural partition walls but there are quite a few things to look for that will indicate you should at least consider them for your office. Here are 6 of the most common indicators:
- Last time you altered the layout it took a month of disruptions: Drywall had a nice run but let’s be real: in the USA of 2016 who can afford to have a big chunk of their expensive office space taken out of service for weeks just to add a private office for the incoming VP? With architectural walls your regular maintenance staff can create your new private office overnight. There’s no demolition, no power tools and no clouds of noxious dust hanging in the air. There’s also no piles of debris to clog the local landfill, no noise, no stream of construction workers ogling the female staff and no enormous construction bills. You can of course opt for the expense and disruptions of drywall. But why would you want to?
- The air in your office is stale: Old fashioned offices often suffer from poor air circulation. Sometimes this is a matter of an old HVAC system being overwhelmed but sometimes it’s a function of air being trapped by cubicles or a hundred other little cul-de-sacs within the office layout. By breaking down these air traps and embracing a more (not completely) open layout air circulation is restored, the HVAC system is able to work more efficiently and everyone can breathe a little easier.
- Flexibility currently means interviewing new hires in the break room: If your office is of the fixed wall variety you have zero ability to change things up as circumstances require. With movable partitions from I-M-T that all changes. There’s no need to hire expensive function rooms at the hotel anymore, just carve one out of your space overnight and then return things to normal just as quick and easy when the big get together is over. Need space to conduct interviews? No problem. Create an interview room in a few hours that fits in perfectly with your decor and sports all the modern amenities.
- Your office more closely resembles a maze than a place of business: Even before the advent of the cubicle offices often seemed more appropriate for conducting laboratory experiments than conducting business. This tendency toward a cloistered environment has survived in many offices right into the present day and can be a major drag on productivity and worker morale. If your office is more maze than place of work installing movable architectural walls will put an end to that.
- You’re paying through the nose for lights: Most older office configurations reserve windows for senior staff. While this is understandable it also ensures virtually no natural light actually penetrates to the floorplan’s interior. Hence the need for so many overhead lights. If your office is relying on rows of overhead fluorescents it’s time to consider architectural partitions. They’ll allow you to create beautiful private spaces for senior staff but with glass instead of drywall so the natural light can reach everyone. You’ll need far fewer fluorescents and your energy bills will nosedive.
- Your staff members spend as many days at home sick as they do in their cubicle: “Death by cubicle” is how many office workers describe their daily experience. And while at first such a phrase may seem like just so much malcontent moaning the medical community knows there’s more to it than that. Statistics show that once freed of the cubicle maze workers call in sick less, visit the doctor less, show up to work on time with greater regularity and are more productive. All this by installing movable walls from I-M-T.
I-M-T provides businesses large and small with the energy efficient, low maintenance, scalable office space they need to stay competitive in today’s ever-changing business environment. Our architectural partition walls answer the call for those seeking to reduce overhead, enhance the morale of their staff, create a leading edge image for their company and live up to their corporate environmental responsibilities. Give us a call today to learn more about how architectural partitions can help you.