One of the most popular trends in office interiors over the last few years has been the utilization of architectural, or movable, walls to create spaces that can be adapted to suit the changing needs of companies over time. The most obvious cost saving such walls have to offer is that of not having to construct solid brick walls in the workplace to divide it into separate areas but there are other not so obvious cost savings you can benefit from when using demountable walls in your offices.
Cost Savings That Architectural Walls Have to Offer
To give you an idea of the many benefits that movable walls have to offer, we have listed some of the other cost savings you may enjoy when utilizing them in your office.
- No Need to Rent Extra Office Space to Accommodate Seasonal Staff – If your business is in a cyclical industry, where periods of calm are followed by periods of frenetic activity, using movable walls in your workspace will make it easier to accommodate temporary workers during busier times of the year. By removing certain walls completely, and putting them into storage, you can make more room for extra desks.
- No Need to Hire Expensive interior Designers When Changing Your Office Layout – The modular nature of architectural walls and the ease with which they can be relocated means that office managers can experiment with different layouts and return to previous configurations if they do not have the desired effect. While it may be necessary to hire casual labourers to help move the walls around when experimenting in this manner, the cost of such labour will undoubtedly be much lower than the fees charged by experienced commercial interior design teams.
- No Need to Tear Down and Erect Drywall Every Time You Fancy a Change in Layout – Companies that use drywall partitions have to spend money on having them removed and new ones erected every time they change the layout of their offices. This is an expense that you can avoid completely when you choose to make architectural walls an integral part of your office interior.
- Cheaper to Accommodate Changes in the Make-Up of Your Workforce – If your company often forms temporary task forces comprised of workers from different departments, the ability to move your interior walls without the need for any construction work can be priceless. For tasks forces that may be together for just a few months, before disbanding and forming new groups, such an arrangement is ideal. Drywall or solid brick and plaster walls offer nowhere near this level of flexibility and are consequently much more expensive to relocate.
- Resale Value – A drywall partition or a bricks and mortar wall have absolutely no resale value, save as scrap materials, but moveable or architectural walls are a different proposition altogether when it comes to moving to new premises. If you do not wish to take them with you, there is an excellent chance that you will be able to sell them to another company, thereby recouping some of the money that you spent on them in the first place.
These are just a few of the ways in which architectural walls can help your company to save money on operating costs and renovation projects over time. If you would like to find out more about the benefits they have to offer, call or email us with any questions you may have. Our friendly sales and technical teams will be more than happy to provide you with all the information you require and to help you choose the right products for your needs.