If you are a business owner or manager — whether you are the chief operating officer of a Fortune 500 company or comptroller for a hot Internet start-up — what are the three expenses you expect to see increases in every year? Taxes paid on profits is probably at the top of the list, followed by the cost of energy and healthcare expenses. But other factors that eat into your profitability are all the other costs associated with running your business, including real estate and the cost of leasing office space. For many companies, a growing business means a greater need for more or more efficiently organized office space, the kind made possible by a wide range of demountable walls offered by the professionals at IMT Modular Partitions Ltd.
IMT Modular Partitions Ltd. is the leading provider of unique and competitively priced modular office systems and demountable walls for a diverse range of clients in North America and other global markets. The company was founded in 2001 by Shay Sekler and increased its market share through cutting edge design, custom installation, and the best customer service in the industry.
The Top Benefits of Demountable Walls
As the commercial real estate market continues to rebound, that means the cost per square foot to lease space has rebounded, too, making it difficult for many businesses to acquire space for offices, warehouses, and other needs. Because leasing more office space is sometimes cost prohibitive, a better option is to reorganize and maximize existing floor space with demountable walls. Movable wall systems designed and installed by IMT Modular Partitions Ltd. offer many benefits compared to completely new construction or renting additional space.
- The IMT Wall supports the concept of sustainable design, meaning all wall systems are a LEED certified product. Each of the company’s demountable walls are made from at least 94 percent consumer and industrial content, contributing to less stress on landfills thanks to a smaller carbon footprint compared to other brands of modular wall systems.
- Movable wall systems can be installed, disassembled, and reinstalled using common hand tools, often by trained and experienced building maintenance staff. This is a tremendous cost saving feature because it reduces the amount of resources necessary compared to constructing offices made of traditional drywall.
- IMT’s demountable walls lead the industry in regards to privacy levels and sound absorption properties, thanks to a Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating of 43, which is top among all retailers of similar movable wall systems.
- Designing and implementing custom work spaces is easy when using demountable walls. Substantial changes to a floor plan — such as building or relocating offices, break rooms, storage space, or other common areas — often require hiring expensive architects and contractors, but that is not the case when selecting portable walls systems from IMT Modular Partitions Ltd.
- When implemented correctly, movable office systems encourage openness without affecting the level of privacy needed in many busy office settings. Because they are easy to assemble and disassemble, portable walls can be quickly reconfigured to create space for visiting managers, board meetings, and other needs.
- All IMT demountable walls feature UL Listed raceways for electrical and other needs (lighting, phone, Internet connectivity, heating and cooling) to meet the latest building code requirements.
- The IMT Wall is compatible with a wide range of office systems, including brands such as Arborite, Formica, Nevamar, and Wilson Art to allow for extensive interior design and layout options.
- A popular trend in many companies today is increased collaboration between staffs and departments. Traditional office space makes that difficult, but demountable walls from IMT Modular Partitions Ltd. makes collaboration easier and inviting thanks to design options for the walls themselves. All IMT walls are available in a wide range of colours and surface options, including glass, laminate, veneer, tack boards, and white boards.
- Greater design flexibility thanks to custom heights and widths. IMT demountable walls are standardized in widths of 12 to 48 inches in 12 inch increments, as well as custom dimensions based on request. Standard heights are eight or 12 feet, but other wall heights are possible depending on design and space limitations.
- Depending on the type of business in question, demountable walls are the perfect option for temporary office needs. If office space is being redesigned to accommodate a large call center, for instance, and storage space is sitting unused, that space can quickly be configured to meet other staff needs.
Why Choose IMT Modular Partitions Ltd.
Shay Sekler, IMT’s founder and president, launched the company in 2001 because he was frustrated by the amount of wasted space and resources he saw being put into managing commercial office environments. When a company needed new office space, it simply tore down existing walls or buildings to start over, so he hit upon an idea for a cost effective movable wall system that offered greater flexibility at a fraction of the cost of other designs or systems.
The IMT Wall was first seen in Toronto at IIDEX 2002 and earned top honors, receiving praise from all quarters. In the ensuing decade, IMT has been called upon to design and install over 100,000 linear feet of demountable walls and portable office systems for some of the biggest organizations around the world such as Google, Microsoft and The Weather Network, and countless others in a diverse range of business sectors.
IMT believes each client has distinct needs that can only be addressed through custom solutions. To that end, its team includes design, manufacturing, and installation professionals with decades of experience in modular office system implementation who provide unique designs for all office requirements.
An onsite consultation is the first step in creating vibrant, useful, and cost effective office space.