When it comes to innovative and affordable movable wall systems, few companies in North America are as successful or well known as IMT Modular Partitions Ltd. Founded in 2001, we have installed more than 1,000,000 linear feet of movable wall partitions for companies worldwide.
Movable Walls and Other Office Design Trends for 2013
Every business wants a stylish, functional office space that fosters workplace creativity and productivity, but does not detract from day to day operations. More companies are achieving all of this with the installation of movable walls, but there are other design trends in office space to be aware of for 2013, including:
- Collaborative work areas in an open environment. From multi-person workstations and wrap-around desks, companies also are integrating movable walls into their floor plans as a means to foster greater interaction between employees and teams.
- Large single-person offices are losing their cachet. Today, even executives and CEOs are embracing the notion of truly shared workspace as offices are traded in for “team rooms” and company wide computer labs — a configuration much easier to accommodate with movable walls.
- User friendly office furniture and workstations. Like offices made of drywall, traditional desk based workstations are fading into history. One innovation we have seen many company’s implement is something called the “sit-stand,” which is basically a mechanized desk that can raise or lower with the touch of a lever or push of a button. If an employee desires, he or she can work while standing rather than sitting all day.
- In-House walking tracks are one way to help employees maintain a healthy lifestyle, with many company’s utilizing floor space on the perimeter of an office for just that purpose. During lunch or other breaks, employees are encouraged to pull on a pair of walking shoes, leave their workstations, and get some exercise.
- More natural lighting through larger exterior wall windows, or full spectrum artificial lighting that simulates outdoor lighting. Scientific studies show that artificial lighting can affect a person’s sleep pattern, behavior, and productivity, so many companies are investing in artificial lighting that offers greater health benefits than traditional compact fluorescent lights or other lighting options.
- Shared recreation or rest areas, which can easily be reconfigured with movable wall systems from IMT. Many companies now offer gathering spaces featuring foosball games, high end gaming consoles and entertainment systems, or even chaises or couches for a quick powernap to recharge the batteries at lunch.
The Benefits of Movable Walls
Why choose movable walls from IMT Modular Partitions Ltd.? Here are some of the many benefits to consider.
- The IMT Wall is environmentally friendly as is a LEED certified product. We are an eco friendly company and believe that stewardship of the environment is everyone’s responsibility. Our movable wall systems include 94 percent consumer and industrial content, meaning they contribute less to landfills and have a smaller carbon footprint than competing products.
- Installing and disassembling the IMT Wall can be accomplished with average hand tools. While all of our products are custom installed, it is not unusual for trained and experienced building maintenance staff to disassemble movable walls and relocate them elsewhere in an office with minimal effort.
- The IMT Walls offer maximum privacy and sound absorption, with a Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating of 43, tops in the marketplace.
- Movable walls offer greater flexibility of design in creating custom work spaces.
- The IMT Wall fosters a sense of openness without detracting from privacy demanded in a busy office environment.
Movable Walls Styles and Choices
The IMT Wall, our signature product that made its award winning debut in Toronto at IIDEX 2002, comes in a wide variety of styles, colours, and finishes to select from, making it simple to match our movable walls with whatever interior decor you choose.
Our solid movable walls are available in 13 laminate finishes in three grades:
- Grade 1 includes laminates in White, Beige, and Grey.
- Grade 2 offers Classic Maple, Classic Chocolate, Classic Cherry, Willow Grey, Hard Rock and Maple.
- Grade 3 rounds out the laminate choices with Exotica, Urban Mahogany, Calamare, Latte, and Stainless).
Besides laminate, the IMT Wall can be cladded with glass, veneer, tack boards, white boards, and accessory modules to increase workplace productivity for all employees. Configuration options include: Full, Duo, Symmetrical, Trio, Work Surface, Upper, Partial Door, and Full Door — in widths up to 48 inches and heights of 12 feet.
IMT Modular Partitions Ltd. has been around since 2001. We are known for excellence in design, installation, and customer service, and have thousands of satisfied clients in Canada, the United States, Europe, and elsewhere.