Demountable wall systems are the face of contemporary business the way the cubicle was 30 years ago. Business owners in the USA have embraced their elegance and flexibility as ways to improve their company image and retain a competitive edge. But there’s another benefit of demountable partitions that should appeal to any business owner above and beyond the fact that they look good and can be reconfigured with ease; and that’s the way they’ll reduce operating expenses. You’ll save money with movable wall systems in ways you never imagined, cutting expenses you may not even have been aware you were dishing out for. Below we’ll explain how.
Demountable Wall Systems: The Missing Link in the Profit Equation
Demountable walls provide value in ways drywall and plaster before them never could. From the day you install them you’ll begin enjoying the financial benefits and those benefits will only multiply over time. Here are some of the areas where demountable wall systems will save you money starting before you even move into your new office space.
- Leasing: When negotiating a new lease many landlords will be inclined to provide you more favorable terms if they know you intend to use demountable walls to fabricate your office. Because demountable walls can be moved in and moved out with no impact on the space itself there won’t be any costly demolition involved to get the office ready for the tenant after you.
- Moving: Once you sign the lease the longer it takes you to move in the more money you waste. If you plan to build out the space using drywall you may be looking at several months before you can fully occupy the new office. With demountable walls you’re looking at a couple of weeks at most.
- Taxes: As far as the taxman is concerned demountable walls are considered furniture or office equipment depending on where your company is located. As such they can be depreciated many times faster than fixed wall construction providing you much needed tax breaks.
- Energy: Glass demountable walls allow you to open up the floorplan to natural light thereby negating the need for the rows of fluorescent lights that characterized the office of the past. As a result your electricity bill will be significantly lower than if your office was built using old fashioned drywall construction. In addition your office can be configured to allow for the most effective air flow patterns so that you spend less to heat and cool your space.
- Productivity: In the global marketplace of today you need all hands on deck all the time and that means creating an environment where the free exchange of ideas is encouraged and no good idea winds up getting lost in a blizzard of post-its tacked to the cubicle wall. Demountable walls can help you create just such an environment that combines open collaborative areas with enclosed spaces for brainstorming or holding important meetings.
- Retaining staff: One of the major challenges businesses face today is attracting top-flight talent. Another, equally major challenge is retaining the talent they have. If your office looks like something out of a 1980s time capsule you’ll have a hard time convincing your top talent to stay. Why should they if they can move to an environment that’s healthier, more conducive to nurturing their gifts and better looking to boot?
- Remodeling: If your office is one of fixed drywall construction every time you need to create a new space for a workgroup, rearrange things to accommodate new staff or create an office for the new Executive VP of Sales you’ll need to bring in the construction company and spend many thousands of dollars (not to mention put up with weeks of disruptions). With demountable wall systems you can create that new executive office overnight using only your normal maintenance personnel.
- Health care: In the cubicle farms of unhappy memory staff more often than not spent all their time toiling away in isolation, only rarely peeking their head into another cubicle to ask if the occupant wanted to go to lunch or had a stapler they could borrow. This sedentary existence was a breeding ground for illness. Studies have shown that employees who transition from cubicles to hybrid offices built using demountable walls call in sick less, make fewer visits to the doctor and fewer demands on the company health plan.
Demountable wall systems are paving the way for companies across the USA to achieve higher levels of profitability and productivity by cutting costs across the board. They’re the new face of the American office because they routinely deliver the kind of savings every business owner appreciates. If you’d like to enjoy the short and long-term benefits demountable wall systems can provide give I-M-T a call and talk to one of our knowledgeable sales associates.