Leveling the structure is the most important phase of the installation. This must be done with the utmost accuracy and patience to be able to accept all the skins smoothly and not require additional work.
When leveling, one must first check that all posts and corner posts are plumb in all planes. To do so, one needs only to re-check each corner post and each post at the end of a partition at the exterior walls etc…
Once posts are confirmed to be plumb, the post where the gap between floor and ceiling is smallest will be chosen to begin the leveling process as follows.
- Locate the highest point of the floor along the modular path.
- Make sure the bottom leveler is closed so that it will allow bridging of the floor level inaccuracies to the highest floor position.
- Make sure the bottom leveler is closed so that it will allow bridging of the ceiling level inaccuracies to the highest ceiling position.
- Set post level to zero and set laser level to that post.
- When this key post is in place and leveled properly, synchronize your laser leveler of the eye piece to align with the bottom cross member beside the key post.
From this point on you should level each and every post in the floor according to the same synchronized level of the laser.
Once all posts are leveled, IMT recommends spending the time to confirm them all before proceeding to the next stage.