Once the door-frame is in place, it is easy to install a door. Solid doors (laminate or veneer) are directional and may be left or right and are reversible if specified and quoted before production.
- Confirm that the door is tagged for the office being worked on and fits the door-frame.
- Attach the door hardware to the frame and door ensuring that the bottom hinge is resting on the floor to avoid excessive load.
- Final leveling must allow the door lock to engage with the knockout in the door frame.
Glazed doors require additional considerations.
- Often they are ordered only once the door frames are in place – this eliminates the varying height of the floor.
- Any glazed door above 220 cm will require a third hinge.
All doors that open towards a perpendicular wall must have stoppers. The stopper may vary in design and function and are available as:
- Stopper installed in the floor.
- Stopper attached to wall or partition.