Modular architectural walls have made a major impact on the way 21st century business is conducted. Not only have they become the public face of modern business, they’ve also helped reduce office buildout costs (because they can be moved from location to location), practically eliminated long-term maintenance costs and provided staff members with vibrant, clean, contemporary work spaces they look forward to coming to every day. That last point is particularly apropos because we’re going to talk in this post about how architectural wall systems from I-M-T have helped create a whole generation of happier, healthier workers in the USA whose productivity has gone through the roof.
Consider Architectural Walls to increase office productivity
When some people hear the terms architectural or modular walls they envision a kind of office ideal reserved for Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley tech giants. But this notion has nothing to do with reality. Architectural partition walls from I-M-T can help any size company ramp up productivity and here are 7 ways they do that.
- By fostering collaboration: In today’s ultra-competitive global market you need every cylinder of your company firing at maximum efficiency. You do that by providing your staff with an environment where they are free to bounce ideas off one another, help each other when problems arise and present new ideas to management without having to jump through hoops or knock down doors. An open collaborative environment built with I-M-T partitions will provide the openness and easy access competitive companies thrive on.
- By raising morale: Nobody wants to show up to a dingy office full of yellowing drywall and stagnant air. On the other hand a beautifully composed space with plenty of natural light and room to breathe where everyone is pulling together as a team is a joy to come to work to. Studies have shown that loyalty and productivity increase when businesses turn from cubicle farms to hybrid spaces built using architectural wall systems.
- By promoting common effort: Speaking of teams; having everyone pulling in the same direction is an essential component of increased productivity but one that few companies that occupy drywall offices can lay claim to. Glass architectural walls not only bring natural light but allow you to see others hard at work which creates a sense of common purpose and momentum toward a common goal.
- By creating healthier environments: Yesterday’s cubicle farms were like petri dishes seething with bacteria and germs and wrapped in a warm blanket of stale air. Toss in the fact that a cubicle has never been anyone’s idea of a beautiful or even compelling environment to work in and you have a recipe for calling in sick. Statistics show that lost productivity due to sick days is reduced in offices that adopt modular wall construction.
- By reducing energy expenses: Old fashioned offices where light was trapped in executive suites along the floorplate’s periphery required banks of fluorescent lights so that everyone else could see. These lights typically blazed all day long and were one of the single biggest expenses related to managing an office. With glass architectural partitions natural light is freed to penetrate the entire space meaning each person requires less electric light to do their job. It’s an indirect source of increased productivity but a very real one.
- By creating quiet zones: When you create work areas using glass architectural partitions you retain the open office feel without imposing open office noise levels on groups trying to concentrate on their job. It’s the best of both worlds really. The same with individual offices. People are able to work in peace and quiet while at the same time the glass walls don’t obstruct the free flow of light through the space.
- By reducing setup and renovation costs: Building out and maintaining a modern office space, especially in a large city, is a major source of bloated company expenses. Every time you need to move a wall it’s thousands of dollars. If you move your office you need to deal with the cost of building out the new space. With architectural wall systems you buy them once and they’re with you for the life of the business. They can be repositioned as often as you like and if you need to move, you take them with you.
Architectural walls are changing the way companies across the USA think about productivity. Staff are out sick less, make fewer demands on the company health policy, work closer together, are more loyal to the company and are happier to come to work. You also won’t have to spend as much money to build out the space where they work or keep it lit. I-M-T can help turn your office into a hive of productivity where staff don’t have to be told to work harder, they want to.